The Red Barn
Located in Long Wittenham in the Oxfordshire region, The Red Barn features a garden. The accommodations is 24 mi from Newbury, and guests benefit from complimentary WiFi and private parking available on site.This country house comes with a seating area, a kitchenette with a microwave, and a flat-screen TV.Oxford is 9.3 mi from the country house, while Reading is 19 mi away. The nearest airport is London Heathrow Airport, 46 mi from The Red Barn.
- Bed comfortable very quiet location in a very pretty village
- Great location, lovely host, spacious comfy accommodation.
- Lovely self contained apartment. Short walk to good pub and Indian restaurant.
- Very accommodating, good communication and allowed an early check in.
- Absolutely great for us, the owners were friendly and helpful
Clifton Hampden B&B
The Plow Inn is a 16th-century inn which has kept some original features such as its thatched roof and Inglenook fireplace. All bedrooms are en suite with a flat-screen TV of at least 32 inches in size. Each TV also comes with a USB port and DVD player. Wi-Fi is free.The Plow Inn is 4 miles east of Abingdon, 4 miles from Didcot and 8 miles south of Oxford City.
- Great breakfast and even very accommodating to my girlfriend dietary requirements going extra mile to help. Very close to nice river for swimming in and amazing country walks
- A 500 yearold pub with atmosphere to burn! Nice roomy and comfy accommodation. Good location and great breakfast.
- Good sized clean room, large bathtub and shower, comfy bed. Easy checkin. Great English breakfast. Recommended.
- The bed was really comfy and staff very friendly, nothing was too much trouble.
- Very friendly. Went the extra mile to offer services and fit round my needs, such as early arrival. Very clean. Good quality fittings. Beautiful location. Pub nearby, country walks and river. Perfect stay.
The Railway Inn is a traditional pub and restaurant offering delicious home-cooked food and bed and breakfast accommodations. Wi-Fi and parking are free, and the adjacent Culham Rail Station offers excellent access to central London.All of the rooms with attached bathroom have a TV and comfortable beds. An inclusive full English breakfast is available.The stylish restaurant at the Railway Inn serves traditional English food in a cozy setting and the bar has real ales.This traditional pub offers occasional live music.
- Pauline and the staff were excellent, breakfast was very good and a good choice too. Our room was very good and very clean. Nothing was too much trouble and considering the Inn is next to the railway station we slept very well every night, and we stayed for 6 nights…..!!Everyone strictly adhered to the COVID regulations which was also very reassuring.Highly Recommended.
- The place was very clean and with the actual covid situation it was more than great. Staff was very nice and convenient. We arrived by bikes and we were able to lock them in a safe place. Just next to the train station, so if you have a light sleep it could be a problem. But we did have a good sleep there.
- Very friendly staff. Ate here one night and the food was excellent. The breakfast was also excellent with lots of choice where you can have cereal and also select a cooked breakfast by using a ticklist to select the items you want. I watched football on SkyGo on my mobile in the room and it streamed brilliantly so i have no complaints about the WiFi!The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel is next to the railway, but this was not a problem with the train noise for us. The parking was free. We chose this hotel as we wanted to visit Oxford and Blenheim Palace. We used Redbridge Park and Ride for Oxford, which is easy to get to from the hotel its a 1517 minute drive. For 6.80 for the day we could park our car and the 3 of us had our return bus journey to Oxford.
- Bed was clean and comfortable, wifi good, tv in room, massive breakfasts, superb evening meals, excellent staff. Superb value for money in fact, excellent value for money and COVID19 measures are first rate.
- Friendly , helpful, spotless and cracking food value for money and rooms were super clean
Court Farm Barns
Offering luxurious barn conversion suites around 20 minutes’ drive from Oxford, Court Farm Barns enjoy an beautiful village location in Warborough. Just 5 minutes’ walk from the village pub, these modern suites have free parking and Wi-Fi.Each suite at Court Farm Barns has a spacious ground-floor living room with a flat-screen TV and comfy sofas and armchairs. A spiral staircase leads to the upper level, with a relaxing double bed and modern private bathroom with a walk-in shower and complementary toiletries.There are tea and coffee facilities in the suite, along with a toaster and fridge. A continental breakfast is supplied each morning.Court Farm Barns are less than 12 miles from Oxford’s vibrant city center, with a host of restaurants, cafés and unique shops. Even closer, the pretty market town of Wallingford sits by the Thames around 4 miles away, and has a museum, theater and 17th-century town hall as well as many scenic walking routes.
- We loved the amount of space having the 2 floors was a real plus. The bed was comfy and the whole area was very clean and tastefully decorated. I loved the spiral staircase although some people might find it difficult. There was plenty of food provided for the diy breakfast it was a very relaxed morning as we didnt have to eat between set times. The owner and her family were very approachable and friendly. It was a pity we only stayed for one night.
- So comfortable and spotlessly clean, welcoming and cosy warm, but plenty of space, too. Theres loads of tea and coffee and pastries and orange juice it was so well stocked, we had so much choice for breakfast every morning! Comfortable bed and really good shower, lovely fittings, everything is kept really beautifully for you, you really couldnt want for anything. Edina was so lovely and really made us feel welcome and that she really meant it when she said to let her know if we needed anything at all, we honestly had such a faultless, pleasant experience, and were so grateful for our lovely week there! Well be back! Thanks
- The breakfast was just right the location was perfect for what we was looking for and the bed was super comfy
- Quiet location within walking distance of good pub. Enjoyable foot paths for walking/running
- All what I needed. A couple of tiny niggles just to help the proprietor out really. The foot pedal is broken on the bin by the fridge, and the toilet roll holder is broken and needs fixing. Also, I would possibly ask for a couple more anti allergy pillows as there were only two. If there were indeed more available, it would be good to point out where they were.
Fleur De Lys Bed & Breakfast
With a garden and fabulous rooms with attached bathroom, this charming bed and breakfast nestles amid the medieval village of Dorchester-on-Thames, where Midsummer Murders was filmed in 2010 and 2014.The 16th-century Fleur De Lys Inn provides an ideal retreat for a weekend or mid-week break. Stroll along the High Street, steeped in historic English charm, and visit the magnificent Augustinian Abbey; or enjoy the surrounding countryside with its myriad of delightful rambles, including the sleepy Thames riverbanks and the spectacular views from the top of Wittenham Clumps.There are bars and cafés within walking distance of the property.Oxford and its many attractions are a mere 9 mi away. A welcoming and professional team pride themselves in offering you high quality service to make your stay a memorable occasion.
- Comfy beds, huge bath in Cloisters room that was very well received after a day of walking. Little touches like the nice bath/shower gel and cream as well as a nespresso machine in the room. We didnt use the bar as we went out for dinner but it was a lovely space with an open fire.
- The rooms were spacious and quiet. Walked where we wanted to go. Excellent breakfast and friendly staff.
- The ambience, the bedroom, the bath, the breakfasts, the location….and Sharon, our host, who was delightful.Also, it was very close to Oxford.
- The breakfasts were excellent could not fault them. We also had one dinner which was very good. We had a problem with the TV remote, which Will the owner sorted out very quickly, excellent service throughout.
- Pub is lovely, located in a very pretty village staff were very nice and helpful. We stayed on a Monday so no food was served in the evening but There are other places to eat in town and our included breakfast the next day was amazing!! Totally impressed and would love to come back again!
Shillingford Bridge Hotel
One of our top picks in Wallingford. Located between Oxford and Henley, this hotel features beautiful views over a quiet part of the River Thames. Guests can enjoy the restaurant and bar and free parking.Rooms at The Shillingford Bridge Hotel features a private bathroom with a hairdryer. Guests can relax with a TV, radio, and free tea and coffee. Some rooms are in the main building, while others are in the hotel’s grounds. Some rooms also include river views.The River View Restaurant serves freshly prepared food and has panoramic views over the hotel’s grounds and lawns to the Thames. The River Bar serves light meals and snacks and has an outdoor terrace with river views.Wallingford’s center is just a 5-minute drive away, while Oxford can be reached in 20 minutes by car. Windsor Castle is 50 minutes’ drive away, and Dorchester is less than 10 minutes away from the hotel by car.
No reviews yet.
Kingswell Hotel & Restaurant – Boutique Hotel
One of our top picks in Didcot. Located in the village of Harwell, the Kingswell Hotel & Restaurant offers free WiFi access, free on-site parking and a bar. The famous university city of Oxford is just 14 miles away.Each room at the Kingswell Hotel & Restaurant includes a flat-screen TV, an iPod dock and an electric kettle. Featuring a bath or a shower, the private bathroom also comes with a hairdryer and free toiletries.With an emphasis on British cuisine, the menu at the on-site restaurant uses fresh, locally sourced ingredients.Other facilities at the property include a garden, a terrace, meeting facilities, a shared lounge with BT Sports and dry cleaning.From the property, the iconic White Horse in Uffington is a 25-minute drive away. Newbury Racecourse is 20 minutes’ drive away and Blenheim Palace is a 30-minute journey by car.
- Shame it wasnt busy … Bad lighting in the bathroom unable to do my make up but everything else is a 9 out of 10
- The hotel is a real gem hidden in the Oxfordshire. The building is nicely decorated, the inside very characteristic and welcoming, cozy atmosphere with great staff, very kind and helpful. The food is amazing and the breakfast menu very rich and various choices are available.
- The lies in the backdrop of a very scenic location. Calm environment for people who want to relax and have a good time.
- Very enjoyable stay. Have stayed before woll stay again. A very comfortable hotel
- We had cod and chips and I would 100 recommend the food it was amazing and presented beautifully.
The Cherry Tree
Located in Steventon, The Cherry Tree features a restaurant, bar, garden, and free WiFi throughout the property. Private parking can be arranged at an extra charge.The inn offers a Full English/Irish or vegetarian breakfast.You can play darts at The Cherry Tree.Oxford is 12 miles from the accommodation, while Reading is 23 miles away. The nearest airport is Gloucestershire Airport, 50 miles from The Cherry Tree.
- A comfortable and friendly pub, surprisingly busy for a Monday evening with a village meeting and later a well supported quiz. Bar food was good value and served quickly. Breakfast was really good, and again served promptly with good supply of coffee.
- Breakfast was great, cereals, yogurt and fruit juice set out ready, after that you could really have anything you wanted, e.g., full english, bacon/sausage sandwich, mushrooms/scrambled eggs/tomato on toast or just toast, as mush tea/coffee as you wished. Tea/coffee/chocolate and milk available in rooms.We took 3 small dogs with us and requested that they not come into the room whilst we werent there as although the dogs were caged we didnt want them being upset, this they were happy to accommodate.
- The true old style of the place. Great staff, and very accommodating. Would recommend to the weary stylish Traveller. Excellent food and spirits.
- Bed very comfy and bathroom very cleanBreakfast was also very goodStaff friendly
- Very friendly excellent meals evening and breakfast.
Just a 20-minute drive from Oxford, and 6 min drive from The Crazy Bear Stadhampton. Warborough B&B offers high-quality accommodations in a luxurious architect-designed home. The individually styled rooms have underfloor heating and free WiFi, and guests can enjoy the views of the expansive garden.Warborough B&B’s Moroccan Room is a double room with a private outdoor terrace, a king-size bed and luxurious mosaic-tiled en suite with Turkish plunge bath. The room has a flat-screen TV and tea and coffee facilities, with the terrace equipped with a table and chairs and sun-beds, looking out over the garden to the Chiltern Hills.The Rothko Room is a compact room with a balcony overlooking the front garden. An en suite tiled wet room has a power shower, and the room has a double bed, flat-screen TV and tea and coffee facilities.Continental or full English breakfast is served, made with organic and locally-sourced produce. There are freshly baked pastries and croissants, melon and pineapple and homemade marmalade, jam and honey. Vegetarian options are also available.The Jericho Kitchen Cookery School uses our kitchen for regular cooking lessons, including classes on Italian, Spanish, French, Indian and Persian cuisine. Contact the company directly for more information.
- A gem of a bb would highly recommend. Very good COVID 19 procedures. The host was very welcoming and the room was very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent.
- The property was absolutely amazing.The host Shirley was divine and a pleasure to deal with.It was of the highest standard.Super super clean.I wish I could have wrapped the property up and taken it home.What a fantastic find.Exceptional, amazing, divine……
- Host very friendly, nonintrusive and relaxed. Room was very modern, clean and comfortable.
- Very warm welcome. Nothing was a problem. Bonus feature having cooking classes on the premises. Exceeded all expectations
- Room was amazing with rooftop balcony, breakfast was so tasty.
The Ridgeway House
One of our top picks in Didcot. Located in Didcot, The Ridgeway House features a shared lounge and a bar. This bed and breakfast offers a 24-hour front desk and free WiFi. The Orchard Center is 3.7 mi from the property.At the bed and breakfast, the rooms come with a desk. All guest rooms have a wardrobe.A complimentary breakfast bag will be delivered to your room at 07:00 each day. If you require an earlier breakfast please contact the reception team for arrangements.The nearest airport is London Heathrow Airport, 38 mi from The Ridgeway House.
- room good size and clean but the breakfast not for me
- Very well placed for visits to Diamond, Harwell, RAL etc..Good value for money.
- The room , the breakfast and rest of the other things were pretty organized.
- The location was perfect for my purpose of servicing an instrument at the Diamond Light Source.
- Great breakfast, superfriendly team, good working space and connectivity in the room.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Long Wittenham