The Vicarage is a grade II listed country property in Cranage, hosting 26 individually designed bedrooms. The buildings 17th century heritage has been re-imagined through a handful of event spaces and stylish family friendly food and drink offerings.Each bedroom includes all of the essentials for your overnight stay. A TV and tea/coffee making facilities are included.The onsite restaurant serves a traditional British menu as well as a Sunday roast using locally sourced produce.Manchester is 20 mi from The Vicarage Freehouse & Rooms, while Liverpool is 29 mi from the property. The nearest airport is Manchester Airport, 11 mi from The Vicarage Freehouse & Rooms.
- The staff were all fantastic, the room was beautiful and super comfortable.
- Very pleasant overnight stay to attend a family gathering. We were given a complimentary upgrade as there had been a maintenance problem on the ground floor. Super comfy bed, quiet nights sleep. Unfortunately didnt get the opportunity to dine in the evening but menu looked good and inviting. Staff were friendly, efficient and helpful. Housekeeping immaculate. Would definitely stay again when next in the area
- The hotel is comfortable, staff are very helpful, rooms spotless and breakfasts wonderful. Good car parking and lovely surroundings!
- Staff so friendly and ready to help, bar and restaurant very stylish. Lovely breakfast especially Eggs Benedict
- Lovely and modern with a lovely bright garden room. Lovely food, breakfast was fab. Very friendly staff
De Vere Cranage Estate
Hidden away within 20 acres of landscaped gardens in the heart of the Cheshire countryside, De Vere Cranage Estate has an indoor swimming pool, sauna and steam room. On-site parking is free for guests.Each elegant room at De Vere Cranage Estate has a TV, desk, tea and coffee making facilities and free Wi-Fi access. There is also a hairdryer in each room, along with a safe for valuables.There is a fitness center for guests to enjoy, with an aerobics studio, swimming pool, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi and outdoor tennis court. The restaurant serves a varied and locally sourced menu, and the games bar has satellite TV.The M6 motorway can be reached in 5 minutes’ drive, while Chester Zoo is 20 miles from De Vere Cranage Estate. Guests can also enjoy a range of walking and jogging trails nearby. The nearest airport is Manchester airport, only a 30-minute drive away.
- Unbeatable facilities pool, gym, bar, coffee and tea spots throughout. Very pretty grounds and main hall of hotel. Grounds wonderful to walk around. Staff wonderfully helpful and attentive without being intrusive. And my daughter LOVEd the free foosball table top football if you are English.
- Quiet location, easy parking, great breakfast, friendly staff, swimming pool.
- The housekeeping team left us robes and slippers with a card chocolate and some local beer which was a lovley touch. We stayed the night as a minimoon we got married on Saturday. So thankyou team was appreciated. Food was excellent also and staff very friendly and approachable.
- Staff is very kind and helpfull. Facilities are beautiful and peacefull environment in the countryside. Very comfortable rooms and beds!
- Lovely spacious room with a very comfortable bed. Great shower. Tasty breakfast with lots of choice.
Innkeeper’s Lodge Sandbach, Holmes Chapel
This 17th-century former coaching inn offers free private parking just 15 minutes’ drive from Crewe’s town center. A seasonal menu and continental buffet breakfasts are available in the Bear’s Head, a wooden-beamed restaurant joined onto the pub.Each bright and traditionally decorated room has a TV and tea and coffee making facilities. A hairdryer and free toiletries are included in the private bathroom.Just 5 minutes’ drive from the M6 motorway, Innkeeper’s Lodge Sandbach is a 10-minute car journey from Wheelock Hall Farm. The Jodrell Bank Discovery Center with its giant telescope is 15 minutes’ drive away and the Peak District National Park is a 25-minute drive away.
- Given the restrictions of coif19 they have done an excellent job
- Room and food were great. They let me in the room at 130pm even though check in was at 3pm. Fantastic stay.
- Amazing value for money far from perfect but perfectly adequate for an overnight stay and the attached pub is excellent
- Friendly staff.Large bed. Powerful shower, good restaurant.Open fires in bar.
- Location was good, nice character building with the ability to be great as a venue. Nice friendly bar and staff were helpful and welcoming, large convenient carpark vehicle was visible from the room , easy access to rooms through hotel dedicated outer door.
Chimney House Hotel and Restaurant
This Tudor-style building is in quiet gardens, 1,650 feet from junction 17 of the M6 motorway. It has free parking, a stylish restaurant, a bar and free Wi-Fi in the public areas.Chimney House Hotel was once home to the vicar of the local church. It now mixes original character with modern comforts.Chimney House Hotel has a modern bar offering light bar meals and snacks.Many of the rooms with attached bathroom have views of the hotel’s gardens and the Cheshire countryside. All rooms have TVs, radios, tea/coffee and ironing facilities.There are regular busses to Congleton, Sandbach and Crewe.
- Large warm room and very comfy bed. Hot and powerful shower. Breakfast good selection and good quality.
- Really easy to find, just off the M6. A beautiful looking hotel with friendly staff, lovely rooms absolutely immaculate.
- Went out of there way to make me a sandwich and some chips even though restaurant closed
- Brilliant place to stay and very welcoming and helpful staff
- Hotel very clean staff very helpful. Hotel next motorway but 100 silent
The Dog in Over Peover
Dating back to 1860, The Dog in Over Peover is in the heart of the quaint village. This characteristic village inn offers a restaurant and a pub serving real local and national ales. It has free Wi-Fi throughout and free private parking.The restaurant offers a daily menu, which includes seasonal dishes and regular classics. Dishes are prepared using locally sourced produce where possible. Drinks can be enjoyed in front of a roaring fire in the winter months.The rooms at The Dog in Over Peover include a flat-screen TV and tea and coffee making facilities. The en suite bath or shower rooms have complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer.Over Peover is ideal for exploring the area’s many attractions, including Tatton Park, which is just 15 minutes’ drive away. The Jodrell Bank Discovery Center is just 2 miles from The Dog in Over Peover and the scenic Dunham Park is a 25-minute drive.
- Very good breakfast adjusted to my needs Keto Diet
- Fantastic food, lovely people but the room was not very clean and dated bit of a shame. We would definitely go to The Dog again for food and a night out but not sure we would stay in the rooms again.
- Friendly country pub with a good restaurant. Handy for the two National Trust properties we were visiting and good to sit in the garden before dinner.
- Good breakfast with vegan options by request.Excellent shower room.
- Great stay , friendly staff and attentive , good food and drink
The Bear’s Paw
In the pretty village of Warmingham, in Cheshire, this 19th century inn combines traditional character with free Wi-Fi and luxurious boutique-style rooms with flat-screen TVs and media hubs.In a beautiful, peaceful location, in the heart of the Cheshire countryside, the Bear’s Paw has recently undergone a £2.5 million renovation. Blending beautifully preserved original features with modern style, the impressive restaurant features reclaimed wooden paneling, French antique oak floors, bookcases and 2 open fireplaces.The inn serves wholesome, home-cooked food, with a menu that changes daily to reflect the finest, freshest seasonal produce available locally. The bar features 6 real ales from local microbreweries, as well as a fantastic selection of wines from around the world.Stylish and contemporary, the rooms feature modern amenities, such as private bathrooms, flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi and media hubs.Easily accessible from highway M6, this stylish inn is between the major market towns of Sandbach, Middlewich and Crewe.
- We had a fabulous couple of days here just the venue for restful break. Lovely hotel with excellent staff and facilities. Felt very safe during the current restrictions.
- The bar and food were lovely. The staff were also very friendly.
- Very comfortable and spacious bedroom, dinner was great, service extremely friendly the beautiful countryside setting is perfect.
- The evening meal was delicious but portions very big so couldnt eat it all. The breaksfast was really good and fresh
- All of it…. even the other guests were canny enough
The Golden Pheasant
One of our top picks in Knutsford. Located in the village of Plumley, The Golden Pheasant is a pub that welcomes guests with a restaurant and bar. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.The rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Some rooms include a seating area where you can relax and countryside views. You will find a kettle in the room. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom fitted with a bath. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.The Golden Pheasant offers a wide selection of cask ales, fine wines and seasonal food. The property is child-friendly and we have a spacious garden with a play area. There are also dog-friendly sections inside the pub.The nearest airport is Manchester Airport, 8.7 mi from the property.
- Excellent food and beer. Very friendly staff, one of whom was an IT expert.
- Good shower and comfy bed. The lad who checked us in was really helpful worked previously for England Rugby. Good breakfast. Nice grounds to walk dog.
- Excellent location. Very friendly staff and great food.
- The room was larger than Id expected, good amenities. What makes The Golden Pheasant an excellent base to explore Cheshire for is the staff, so attentive and welcoming. Zach has an excellent eye for detail and we well certainly be back.
- Great hotel and good value. Lovely, comfortable bedroom with separate access to car park which was great as had our 2 dogs staying with us. Food good as well. Very good location as near Tatton Park which is fantastic for walking the dogs.
Kinderton House Hotel
With a restaurant and garden, this family-owned hotel is in the northwest of England, only a half-hour drive from Manchester International Airport. It offers live entertainment on Friday evenings.Flat-screen TVs and elegantly-tiled bathrooms are featured in all rooms at Kinderton House Hotel. Each is decorated in neutral, earthy tones with carpeted floors and wooden furniture.The spacious Dining Room provides a relaxed setting for a hearty meal. All dietary needs are catered to and there is a bar for drinks. Guests can also choose to enjoy their meals al fresco in Kinderton’s outdoor area.Local attractions include Manor Park (0.8 miles), Town Park (3.4 miles) and Weaver Hall Museum (5.2 miles). Beeston Castle and its 40 acres of woodland can be reached with a 30-minute drive and Junction 18 on the M6 highway is less than a 5-minute drive away.
- Young, energetic, pleasant staff. Room was comfortable. Food in the attached restaurant excellent. Included breakfast was nice upgrade over standard continental breakfast. Perfect place to stay if you arrive early for a canal boat hire from Andersens Boats.
- Breakfast and dinner were both very good. The staff were all very helpful and very polite, made me feel very welcome. The location was perfect for where i needed to be
- There was a little confusion regarding a single room, but was dealt with quickly and efficiently, it was assumed the room we requested with least walking, was the single.
- Very busy, but after checking in dedicated guest entry
- Great location in a clean well modernised hotel. Good food and atmosphere in the bar and restaurant. Helpful and friendly staff made for a pleasant experience and great stay.
The Golden Lion Hotel
Located in the market town of Middlewich, The Golden Lion Hotel offers rooms with free Wi-Fi, free parking, a bar, and easy access to the Cheshire countryside. The property is 0.5 miles from Winsford, 2 miles from Sandbach and 1 miles from Junction 18 of the M6.Each room at Golden Lion Hotel features a flat-screen TV and tea/coffee making facilities. Some rooms have a modern private bathroom with shower. Shared bathroom facilities are also available.The on-site traditional pub offers a wide range of real ales, ciders, wines and a range of bar snacks. A café-van is located in the hotel’s car park every day, providing full English breakfast and sandwiches.Chester and Warrington are both 20 miles away and the Welsh coast is a 50-minute drive from the hotel. Manchester Airport is 18 miles and Winsford and Sandbach Railway Station 1.5 miles away. The property is close to local golf courses, and Beeston Castle can be reached in 30 minutes by car.
No reviews yet.
Hopley House Bed & Breakfast
Hopley House Bed & Breakfast offers pleasant rooms, some with original features. The guest house is set in a converted barn in Wimboldsley, just 3 miles south of Middlewich.The bright and airy bedrooms at Hopley House each have a private bathroom, located across the hall. All rooms feature a flat-screen TV, and free Wi-Fi is available throughout.Hearty cooked breakfasts are available daily, featuring fresh local produce.In the heart of Cheshire, this 200-year old barn conversion is just 8 miles from Nantwich. There is free on-site parking, and the Peak District National Park can be reached in a 35-minute drive.
- Good breakfast, friendly staff, option of evening meal
- Very good value for money and great staff. Just a quick stop over and definitely use again thank you Hopley
- The place is easy to find and is ideal as a place to stay for work. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was brilliant. I didnt buy anything but the farm shop seems to have a good quality range of produce. Good range of local beers etc.
- I highly recommend Hopley house, our room was very clean, comfortable and spacious everyone was helpful and the breakfast fantastic.
- Breakfast was great and included in the price. I was also able to buy an evening meal in their shop and prepare in the kitchenette provided. Good Covid measures in place too.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Holmes Chapel