Located on the Orkney Island, 14 miles from Kirkwall, Smithfield Hotel offers 3-star accommodations with free parking, a bar, and a restaurant. Kirkwall airport is 30 minutes’ drive away.Each recently refurbished room at Smithfield Hotel features free Wi-Fi, tea/coffee making facilities, and a TV. The property has 6 rooms, 5 of which have an private bathroom. The single room has an external private shower room.Open daily, the restaurant has scenic views of Orkney and the menu features homemade and locally sourced food. The menu includes Orkney beef, fresh fish, and Orkney mature cheddar. Special dietary requirements can be catered for by prior arrangements. The bar stocks fine quality, locally produced whiskeys and beers from Highland Park & Scapa and Orkney Brewery & Swanney. Guests can enjoy a relaxed atmosphere, a pool table, darts boards, and an outdoor seating area.Guests can visit the archaeological sites of Skara Brae, Maeshowe, Ring of Brodgar, Standing Stones of Stenness, Brough of Gurness, Brough of Birsay, all within 10 minutes’ drive from the property.
- Breakfast was hot and plentiful. They serve very good food in the restaurant in the evenings.
- Comfortable room, good service good food nice bathroom
- The food the restaurant was excellent. The staff was very helpful in letting us drop off bags before check in time. The room itself was fine.
- The room was fresh and clean, and the shower was very good! The staff was courteous and friendly. Breakfast and supper were both excellent, and the service was exceptional. The hotel is centrally located and convenient to all the main sites on the island. We were wellpleased.
- Central location, in the heart of Neolithic Orkney. Fine vintage coaching inn, updated rooms, wonderful meals and breakfast.
Lilly’s Lodges Orkney
Lilly’s Lodges Orkney is located in Finstown. Located 5 miles from Maeshowe, the property has a garden and free private parking.Offering a balcony with sea views, this lodge also comes with a flat-screen TV, a well-equipped kitchenette with a microwave, a fridge and a toaster, as well as a bathroom with a shower and a hairdryer.The lodge provides a terrace.
- The lodge was amazing, absolutely no faults whatsoever! Cosy and comfortable stay, very clean and everything you need for your stay is there! The owners were very helpful and kind, We will definitely be back again soon.
- Very well equipped kitchen and facilities all very clean and well presented.
- Cute accommodation! Perfect spot to get away from it all and explore Orkney. Great little touches liked soft throws and hot cocoa made it cozy. Great to see the sea from the balcony and the sky full of stars at night. The solar lights along the drive are perfect to guide you in for your nights rest.
- Absolutely loved this place. Its set up so well, extremely well set out, everything is top quality and its comfortable and warm.The location is beautiful and peaceful. We didnt want to leave.
- The lodges are really nicely decked out, the underfloor heating was a nice bonus. Surprised and delighted by how much kitchen equipment was available. The views were stunning and the property was well lit on the drive and easy to find. Sadly we didnt meet the owners but everyone working on the new pod gave us a friendly wave.
Set in Finstown in the Orkney Islands region, Lilly’s Lodges features a patio and garden views. Located 5 mi from Maeshowe, the property provides a garden and free private parking.The lodge is equipped with a flat-screen TV. The kitchen comes with a microwave, a fridge and an oven and there is shower with a hairdryer and free toiletries.The lodge offers a terrace.The nearest airport is Kirkwall Airport, 9.3 mi from Lilly’s Lodges.
- What a terrific find. Wish we would have stayed here all our nights on Orkney. Nice rural location convenient to everything even the ferry for a 630am launch. If you want to in a quiet nature setting with easy access to Kirkwall, the historic sites, coastal drives, etc, this is it! As good as it can get.
- Beautiful location. Very clean and cosy. Has everything you need for a comfortable stay.
- Well equipped, cosy and very clean lodge. Clever layout to fit everything you need into the space available. Beautiful location and view. Lovely finishing touches made it a homely and special place to stay. We loved our stay! Thank you.
- Amazing place to stay with a spectacular view we even saw the Milky Way. Would come back again.
- We really enjoyed our stay at Lillys Lodges. Such a cute lodge in a scenic location with distant sea views.
Cottiscarth Cottages features garden views, free WiFi and free private parking, located in Finstown, 6.8 mi from Maeshowe.Each unit is equipped with a fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher, a seating area, a flat-screen TV, a washing machine, and a shared bathroom with shower and free toiletries. A microwave, a fridge and oven are also provided, as well as a kettle.Guests at the holiday home can enjoy hiking and fishing nearby, or make the most of the garden.The nearest airport is Kirkwall Airport, 9.3 mi from Cottiscarth Cottages.
- Great location, great views, well equipped self catering property. Spotlessly clean. Would recommend to anyone. Owners so helpful and friendly, nothing too much trouble. Beautiful views!
- This cottage is luxurious and been laid out to the highest standards. You arrive to meet friendly hosts and you enter the cottage to a lovely gift basket with biscuits and goodies then you open the fridge and there is milk and cheese it was such a treat. The bed is so comfortable and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. The walk in showers were lovely and the water pressure was excellent. The living room and kitchen are spacious and lovely to cook in and do everyday activities. There are lovely tables to sit on outside on a dry day. Overall this cottage is what you want when you go away whether to work or relax this cottage was absolutely stunning. The views are amazing from the long lounge windows you can see the gorgeous scenery. Even in a pouring rainy day it was great because the cottage just is so luxurious you dont mind spending a day indoors. My husband was working and I was with our baby so spent more time at the cottage. We will definitely come back again and again.
- The property was great, as was the location. We took bikes and there was a handy locked shed for each property to store these.
- Firstly meeting Eileen and Robbie made our stay more personal.The property is exceptional and would lend itself to every season Views you never tire offSo cosy, great facilities and furnishings. Would make one great stay for family celebration if you had all 3 properties.Orkney is a special place for me.
- Excellent accommodation, really well designed and thought out, very helpful and friendly hosts. Possibly the best combination of quality of accommodation, location and value in the whole of Orkney. Beds very comfortable, bathroom superb with excellent shower, kitchen very good and amazing views from the sofa. Nice welcome selection of local produce to get you going. They have taken every precaution in cleaning and making a safe environment. We were very impressed with the whole experience.
Located in Finstown, 3.1 mi from Maeshowe, Kevara Self-Catering provides a living room with a flat-screen TV. This property offers access to a patio, free private parking and free WiFi.There is a seating area, a dining area and a kitchenette complete with a microwave, a fridge and a stovetop.The nearest airport is Kirkwall Airport, 8.1 mi from the apartment.
- Cosy 2 room flat, perfect for a short stay located not far from Kirkwall lovely welcome pack with local produce little extras like butter and cheese, milk, pepper and salt, cooking oils, gladwrap etc very welcome by Travellers
- Everything was perfect!Great location, lovely clean accommodation with everything we needed and very cosy. We would highly recommend and would definitely return. Thank you Sarah.
- The Kevara is well located for visiting the sights and getting to the ferry terminals for visiting other islands.
- Great property with good location and great facilities
- Loved the holiday home with its tasteful decoration and thoughtful touches. Milk, bread, shortbread and fudge were a nice touch. Loved the usb charging sockets. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom spacious. Loved the ever changing view from the lounge/diner. Ideal for 1 or 2 people
Standing Stones Hotel
Located in Stromness and with Standing Stones of Stenness reachable within 1.1 miles, Standing Stones Hotel has a garden, non-smoking rooms, free WiFi and a bar. The property has a restaurant and Ring of Brogdar is 2 miles away.Guests at the hotel can enjoy a à la carte breakfast.Ness of Brogdar is 1.3 miles from Standing Stones Hotel, while Old Man of Hoy is 27 miles from the property.
- I loved everything about this place! I could go out on my balcony and see The Steness Standing Stones and The Ring of Brodgar in the distance as well as a lovely lake w swans right behind the hotel!The people were exceptionally nice and the buses came right by the hotel. I plan to go back!
- Delicious cooked breakfasts. Staff all very friendly and happy to help.
- Excellent staff. When ferry time changed, morning clerk prepared to go breakfast. Cleaner very friendly and helpful as all staff were.
- I booked at the last minute owing to ferry disruptions. The hotel is conveniently placed for the Northlink ferries. The staff were most helpful and friendly. The room was clean and modern with a grand view across the loch. I ate there and and the meal was good. I can recommend this hotel wholeheartedly.
- The staff were greatWas expecting a fairly basic choice in the restaurant but it is superb
8 Jib Park, Finstown
Offering free WiFi and garden views, 8 Jib Park, Finstown is an accommodations located in Finstown. Located 3.1 mi from Maeshowe, the property provides a garden and free private parking.This holiday home includes 2 bedrooms, a living room and a flat-screen TV, an equipped kitchen with a dining area, and 1 bathroom with a shower and a washing machine.Hiking can be enjoyed nearby.The nearest airport is Kirkwall Airport, 8.1 mi from the holiday home.
- The property was absolutely lovely and well situated for exploring the island
- A lovely space to relax in. Many extra special touches like books and games. Well equipped kitchen.
- Property was clean, warm, well maintained and attention to detail perfect.
- Great quiet location, just off the main Stromness to Kirkwall Road. Bungalow was spotlessly clean and plenty of cleaning products left for us to use a must in these covid timesGood kitchen facilities made catering on a evening easy plus ample fridge/freezer. Liked the small touch of leaving some filter coffee for the cafetiere Plenty of guide/walk books left for guests to use plus selection of board games. Bonus having a SMART TV.Heating easy to use house was never cold.Comfy bed, with extra pillows if requiredGrace was a fab host accommodating our slightly earlier checkin time explaining how facilities worked. She lived close by so if we had needed her we only had to pop round
- Well equipped and comfortable. Good location for touring the island too
Nether Onston Cottage
Located in Stenness, Nether Onston Cottage provides air-conditioned accommodations with a patio and free WiFi. Featuring free private parking, the holiday home is in an area where guests can engage in activities such as hiking and fishing.The holiday home features 3 bedrooms, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, an equipped kitchen with a microwave and a fridge, a washing machine, and 1 bathroom with a shower.A garden, barbecue and a terrace are featured at the holiday home.Orkney is 8.1 mi from Nether Onston Cottage, while Kirkwall is 12 mi away. The nearest airport is Kirkwall Airport, 12 mi from the accommodations.
- Fresh eggs in the refrigerator, central location, wood for the stove, clothes washer. Also enjoyed the company of the other residents of the attached house. The owner also showed great flexibility when meeting new at the house as my boat was delayed late into the evening.
- The location, assuming you have a car, is ideal for exploring Mainland and especially the nearby megaliths. Great for selfcaterers, and a warm welcome from the hosts.
- Lovely cottage, lovely view, lovely hosts, wonderful holiday. Great location for exploring the mainland and islands. Neolithic sights minutes away!
- Home was spotless and filled with extras like eggs from the farm, local bread and shortbread. Beds were very comfortable and had electric blankets if you needed them. The hosts were the best. They took us to a community event one night and on another night had us over for a wee dram. Loved our stay and hope to go back soon.
- Once Covid is no longer an issue, this cottage is ideally situated on the main road between Kirkwall and Stromness just outside Stenness, where there are several of the key historic sites. There is also an hourly bus that will stop on demand at the road end, taking you to either of the two main towns
1 Edenmore Villa
1 Edenmore Villa is located in Finstown. Located 3.1 mi from Maeshowe, the property features a garden and free private parking.The holiday home features a flat-screen TV and a living room. There is a seating area, a dining area and a kitchen complete with a microwave, a fridge and an oven.If you would like to discover the area, fishing is possible in the surroundings.The nearest airport is Kirkwall Airport, 8.1 mi from the holiday home.
- Wonderful central location for touring. Very comfortable and added bonus of woodburner for colder nights. Little sunhouse for chilling/reading /evening drinks! Everything we needed provided and Doreen was very welcoming .
- The house is very well equipped and a good space. The place has a very nice backyard and ther is a small shop with the basics at walking distance.Doreen is very kind and flexible. She gave us very useful information before arrival.
- This is a perfect accomodation for a family stay on Orkney Islands, it is central, easy to find and close to everything. Kirkwall and Stromness.
- Doreen was there to greet us and the house was spotless. Location was prefect for exploring the area.
- Great place to come home to after a days travel. Lit the fire and enjoyed the solitude.
Cromlech PET FRIENDLY
Cromlech is located in Stenness. This self-catered bed and breakfast features a garden and free private parking.The bed and breakfast has a flat-screen TV. The bed and breakfast also provides guests with a bathroom.Guests at the bed and breakfast can enjoy a continental breakfast.Orkney is 7 miles from Cromlech, while Kirkwall is 11 miles away.
- The pictures do not really do this place justice, the room we stayed in was wonderful, with well thought out little touches to make you feel at home. The hosts went out of their way to make us feel welcome and help us do the activities we wanted to do whilst visiting. We felt our dog was more than welcome, and the hosts dogs are lovely. Will definitely stay here again.
- Breakfast was excellent. It was continental which suited us very well. They have a very handy egg boiling machine which cooked the eggs to perfection. Also, everything else you needed was there for you. We were told if there was anything else we required for breakfast they would get it for us. We didnt need anything else as all we could wish for was there. Location was perfect, very easy drive from Ferry and also not very far from other landmarks we wanted to see. Just a short drive to a really great Hotel for meals. Plenty parking space at house as well.
- Wonderful continental breakfast, and the location is right next to the standing stones of Stenness.
- If I could give a score higher than 10 this place would get it. Great location, comfy room and the best host really the best nothing was too much trouble. Loved staying here. Will definitely be going back. Thank you!
- Great location for me, very central for my plans. Hosts very welcoming and kind. The room and whole house beautifully decorated to feel so homely and warm. I felt very relaxed. Definitely recommend!
Looking for: Best Hotels in Harray