The Bell Inn
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, The Bell Inn is located on the outskirts of Newmarket, 3.7 mi from The National Stud.Every room is equipped with a flat-screen TV and tea/coffee making facilities. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.The nearest airport is London Stansted Airport, 28 mi from the property.
- Close to Newmarket yet close to RAF Lakenheath. The pub was cozy with good food. The room was very clean and the area was quiet I very much enjoyed my stay. Staff was also very helpful and friendly
- Clean little room with floor heating, nice modern bathroom. Kettle and tea.I arrived on Sunday evening when the establishment was closed and they were nice enough to let me in.
- Good location, clean rooms excellent bar staff. Food from the restaurant is excellent and GVFM but limited serving hours
- Didnt have Breakfast, nothing advertised when i booked and nothing offered when i arrived…
- Everything. Great accommodation in a new annexe spotlessly clean, nice modern furnishings, good beds, super showers. Quiet at night. Excellent breakfast the Full English was one of the best I have had. Plenty of coffee and toast.
The Bull Inn
Rich in original character and historic charm, this 500-year-old boutique-style coaching inn offering a cozy pub with real ales, wines and an open log fire is located on the edge of the Thetford Forest. It also features an AA Rosette award-winning restaurant and a courtyard.Just 2 miles from the heart of Mildenhall, The Bull Inn, Barton Mills, has a convenient location, located between Newmarket (6 miles), Bury St Edmunds (10 miles), Ely (12 miles), and Cambridge (22 miles).The Bull Inn hosts events throughout the year, from live music nights, murder mystery dinners, charity evenings, themed Christmas parties and lunches with Santa.
- Owner went out of he way to make sure I was able to find THE BULL INN as I was running 4 hours late 1.30 emailed directions passed on her mobile in case there was any problems
- Bed was super comfortable and likes opening the windows for fresh air
- Excellent service. Very clean and Covid conscious. Restaurant food was good and breakfasts were excellent.
- Everything… the staff are amazing, they are so friendly and helpful. The food was the best I have had, great atmosphere and great location.
- Rooms were great, fabulous flamingo room, extremely comfortable bed. Great rainfall shower head, huge bath! Excellent food, had to steak sharing platter, worth every penny! Great service and very COVID19 friendly and clear processes.
The Bell Hotel
Set in a converted coaching inn, the 18th-century Bell Hotel features original oak beams and traditional fireplaces. In Mildenhall town center, the hotel offers an on-site restaurant and elegant bedrooms.Each of the spacious bedrooms is traditionally furnished, and has private bathrooms. Rooms also feature tea and coffee facilities, a TV and suit press. Some have scenic church views.The family-run Bell hotel offers free Wi-Fi and ample free private parking. There is a spacious bar and lounge area, which has original features and a pool table. The Chimes Restaurant serves an extensive menu, with light and full meal options.Opposite St Mary’s Church, The Bell is just a 15 minute drive from historic central Newmarket and the famous Newmarket Racecourse. Cambridge is 30 minutes away, and the West Suffolk Golf Centre can be reached in 10 minutes.
No reviews yet.
The Flint Barn
The Flint Barn is a family-run bed and breakfast just a 5-minute drive from Newmarket. It offers rooms with free Wi-Fi, free parking, traditional breakfasts and an on-site nail bar.Rooms at the Flint Barn have TVs, radios and tea/coffee making facilities. Some have private bathrooms and some have shared facilities. Some rooms have countryside views.Cooked breakfasts are served daily and packed lunches can be made up for your daily excursions. The historic cities of Cambridge and Ely are both within a 20-minute drive of the Flint Barn.
- The location was great as it was very near the Racing School. Unfortunately due to Covid 19, cooked breakfasts were not available, but fresh fruit, yoghurts, pasties, etc were left in a separate room which was very nice.
- good quality food cooked well and fresh fruit for breakfast. good showers good beds
- This is a great BB in the village of Snailwell. The room and bed were immaculate and exceptionally comfortable. The breakfast was deliciously prepared with a variety of options. The owners are personable and friendly.
- Room was big and very clean. The bed and bedding was extremely comfortable. Breakfast was excellent and made to order.
- Excellent value for money. The property is set in a little village that offers a great stop off point for Newmarket or the military bases close by. Its clean and comfortable. The breakfast was excellent!
Chippenham Park Garden Rooms
Set on a private estate in the pretty village of Chippenham in Cambridgeshire, Chippenham Park Garden Rooms back onto a scenic, fully-functioning kitchen garden. Free parking is available on site and the historic city of Cambridge is just 15 mi away.Rooms have a TV, free WiFi and a private shower room with free toiletries.The accommodations rates include cooked breakfasts.Bury Saint Edmunds is just 12 mi away, while Newmarket is 3.7 mi. London Stansted Airport is 29 mi.
- Awesome breakfast, beautiful rooms, and the owners are such lovely people. We really enjoyed our stay as much as the horrendous weather tried its hardest to dampen things.We will definately return when the weather is better as wewould love to see the grounds in full bloom.
- Comfortable high quality room and a pleasant helpful team.
- Our garden room was clean, comfortable and well fitted out. We were met by Becca who couldt have been more welcoming. We walked around the stunning gardens and saw the outside of the magnificent house. Highly recommended!
- Have stayed before for my daughters wedding. Chippenham experience is lovely and peaceful. A hidden gem in the Cambridgeshire/ Suffolk border.
- Excellent good quality foodHad the bistro patio to ourselves
Kings Hotel offers accommodations alongside a high-quality restaurant and cocktail bar in the Suffolk town of Newmarket. There is free WiFi. The property is located just off Newmarket High Street, which features many bars, shops, restaurants and cafés.There are single, double, twin and triple rooms at Kings Hotel. All rooms are en-suite and have a flat-screen TV and tea and coffee facilities. The bathrooms come with towels and complimentary toiletries. All beds have pocket-sprung mattresses with memory foam toppers.The restaurant serves a range of classic dishes, including indulgent Sunday lunches.Kings has a limited on-site parking that is designated on a first-come first-served basis. Just off the High Street, Kings Hotel is within easy reach of Newmarket’s shops, and Newmarket Racecourse is a 5-minute drive away. Cambridge and Bury St Edmunds are both around 25 minutes from the town. The nearest airport is Cambridge International Airport, which is 10 miles from the property.
- Very clean and looks new. Recently refurbished and spacious rooms with very good facilities.
- I like that is was a friendly place. I didnt realize it was that small but hell I am 63. Great place to stay
- The room was nice and clean and the bar/restaurant was nice.
- We had an event at tattersalls and Id been to kings for cocktails in the summer and remembered it was nice!
- Bed was nice with quality sheeting tea Abd coffee in room
Rosery Country House Hotel
Ideally positioned on the outskirts of Newmarket, this former manor house is close to Newmarket Racecourse and the National Stud. The Rosery Country House Hotel is set in the picturesque village of Exning. It offers a large conservatory restaurant, a relaxed bar and lounge and a patio area looking on to a traditional English garden.The Rosery offers both spacious garden rooms and large rooms in the main hotel. Each room features a king-size bed, a flat-screen TV, and tea and coffee making facilities. There is free parking and free WiFi throughout the property.Overlooking a traditional English garden, the large restaurant offers home-cooked food, with real ale and fine wines.The Rosery Country House Hotel is located just 10 minutes’ drive from Newmarket Racecourse. Home to shops, restaurants, and a railway station, the town center is under 2 miles away.
- Room was a clean but plain small screen tv shower adequate but comfy bed and nice size room. The food both evening meal and breakfast was excellent. The breakfast would count as one of the best both vegetarian and full English. The staff were brilliant.
- The Hotel was an older building that was well kept up. The breakfast was nice and prompt.
- Friendly staff, perfect night prior to Newmarket Guineas Races.
- Room size was great and location good for my business. Value for money was excellent.
- Staff excellent, location brilliant for our destination, food well cooked and hot, excellent value for money
Lord Mayor’s Cottage
The Lord Mayor’s Cottage is located in the quiet village of Barton Mills. Comfortable rooms have garden views, free Wi-Fi and TVs.Rooms in this 15th-century thatched cottage have tea/coffee making facilities and a washbasin. There is a shared bathroom for guests. There is also a meeting room for a maximum of 6 people available for hire, which includes tea and coffee, biscuits and water; sandwiches can also be ordered for a surcharge.Home-cooked, traditional breakfasts are served in the dining room, which also offers evening meals. Bury St Edmunds has many eateries and bars.In the dining room there is also a fridge freezer and microwave for the use of guests. Guests can bring food and beverages along with them if they would prefer to remain inside at the property.Just a 15-minute drive from Newmarket and its racecourse, Lord Mayor’s Cottage is just 25 miles from Cambridge, and its historic colleges. Free parking is available.
- Breakfast was amazing! Owner worked with us for our cats! Overall great bb!
- Lord Mayors CottageTraceys attention to detail creates a warm and welcoming environment for her guests and the amazing English Breakfast that she makes each morning, makes this stay excellent value for money.Why you should stay here Close to RAF Lakenheath and RAF Mildenhall if you are military. Close to A11 for commuting. Fresh soft towels and water in your room each day. Caters breakfast to food allergies and diets, as well as serves breakfast upon times requested that suits your schedule. Welcomed to room with baked goods. Beautiful English garden.
- The hosts are amazing, so warm and welcoming and they offer a delicious English breakfast, great experience. Oh and their pug is pretty awesome too.
- Very welcoming. Lovely room. Great nights sleep. Fantastic breakfast. Possibly the best B B I have ever stayed in.
- I had a very warm welcome to this historic, thatched cottage. Comfortable room and an excellent breakfast. Although the bathroom is not ensuite, it was close by and nobody else was using it hence no queue!The bar meals in the pub nearby are good, but a bit on the expensive side.
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa
Set amid rose gardens, this peaceful hotel has luxurious modern facilities and its architecture dates back to the 17th century. Excellent cuisine is served in the award-winning Squires Restaurant.Bedford Lodge has a first-class health club complete with a 50 feet indoor pool, a hot tub, a sauna and steam rooms. Use of the leisure club is included in the room rate.The hotel is 20 minutes from Cambridge and has easy access to Central London.Bedford Lodge Hotel combines classic charm with modern comforts. Bedrooms are stylish and well-appointed, and the conference rooms are spacious.
- Beautiful deco throughout. Clean and tidy. Wonderful staff very attentive and friendly. Food was fantastic. Lovely location will definitely visit again , not forgetting the spa what more can you ask for .
- The beds were remarkably comfortable! Also the bathtub was highly welcome after a day out in chilly windy weather. Exceptionally friendly staff, excellent breakfast.
- We stay here regularly. The staff are excellent, the rooms clean and comfortable with high end tea and coffee supplied and with fresh milk and water in a mini fridge. The bar is comfortable with table service and the reception professional, efficient and friendlyThe breakfast is buffet for the cereals, juice etc but the hot food is individually cooked and served by nice helpful and well trained staff
- Superior room very good. Comfortable bed. Great service from the staff.
- Beautiful property, great food every meal was great, friendly staff, and a great little gym/pool/sauna/steam room area.. oh, and room service was fantastic.
The Riverside House Hotel
Located on the banks of the River Lark, The Riverside House Hotel offers free WiFi, free parking, and picturesque river views. This charming hotel has retained many of its enchanting period features and blends them with a contemporary charm.The Riverside House Hotel’s modern rooms offer a TV, ironing supplies, and tea and coffee making facilities. All rooms feature a tiled private bathroom.Guests can enjoy dining in the ambient setting of the Riverside Terrace Restaurant. It provides a varied menu, with dishes prepared using the finest local produce. There are 2 onsite bars, offering a range of local beers, wines, spirits, and coffees.Located close to the A11, the hotel provides good access to the local area, including Bury St Edmunds, Ely, Newmarket, and Cambridge. Guests are just a few minutes’ walk from the center of historic Mildenhall, with a range of shops, pubs, and restaurants.
- I loved everything about this place! The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make us feel welcomed and comfortable. The food was superb and the facilities were clean and well maintained.
- Nice hotel with great made to order breakfast included and plenty of free parking. Nice grounds with a river at the rear of the property.
- Breakfast was excellent, bed extremely comfortable. Very close to son and family
- The great hospitality, The caring from the staff. Clean room
- Very surprised at the luxury. Big rooms, great beds and the bathroom/shower was amazing. Beautiful grounds with a fantastic bar 2 of them. Best part was the full breakfastlike fully cooked from a menu included. Fantastic food!
Looking for: Best Hotels in Freckenham