Rhymney House hotel
Rhymney House hotel is set in Rhymney, 14 mi from Caerphilly Castle. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Every room comes with a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom. Rhymney House hotel features free WiFi throughout the property.There is a shared lounge at the property.The area is popular for golfing and fishing. Cardiff Airport is 26 mi from the property.
- Perfect overnight venue after a long day of exploring the Brecon Beacons. On arrival I mentioned that I eat a plant based diet and questioned whether there would be anything suitable for me to eat the owner provided a variety of options for me. I was certainly well fed after a hard day of exercise! A few signs around the place stating that all dietary requirements catered for also. Friendly locals and friendly staff team. Will certainly return if I head to the area again.
- The attitude of the staff and how helpful they are
- Dog friendly, warm welcome by host and good beer / cider. Food was good and reasonably priced with a very nice cooked breakfast. Excellent location for exploring the Brecons.
- Friendly, good food, good shower, fabulous location for Brecon Beacons. Amazing value for money. Especially good value for single rooms. Very convenient. Very comfortable bed.
- Very nice breakfast, good choices menu for dinner
Located in Caerphilly, 12 mi from Caerphilly Castle, Ty-Nance Cottage features accommodations with a garden, free WiFi, a 24-hour front desk, and luggage storage space. With garden views, this accommodations provides a patio.This holiday home includes 3 bedrooms, a living room and a flat-screen TV, an equipped kitchen with a dining area, and 1 bathroom with a shower and a washing machine.The holiday home offers a barbecue. If you would like to discover the area, hiking is possible in the surroundings and Ty-Nance Cottage can arrange a car rental service.The nearest airport is Cardiff Airport, 34 mi from the accommodations.
- excellent location. fantastic for outdoor activities and dog walking. we couldnt ask for a better host. flexible with arrival time. Our host Amanda was outstanding, so warm and friendly. welcomed us with delicious Welsh cakes and so helpful to provide us with a tool and screws to fix our broken number plate. Amanda was able to give us information about dog friendly activities and beaches. lots of tourist information leaflets provided. Thank you Amanda.
- The property has great facilities every need catered for.Cottage owner is friendly , accommodating helpful .She made our stay even better . Location is peaceful idyllic you feel like a member of the village .Lovely local amenities plus 3040 mins to capital city Cardiff 10 mins to choice of 3 major chain supermarkets .Views are breath taking the stream running by sets you up for a peaceful , calm getaway .We will be back xxx
- This was an old cottage which has been tastefully upgraded and was very comfortable. Amanda, the owner, was friendly and made us feel most welcome. It was a bit difficult to find but well worth the effort. the cottage has a homely feel and we would definitely stay again. Oh, yes, Welsh cakes, on arrival, much appreciated.
- Brilliant place for mountain biking.the cottage was lovely,clean and comfortable.
- There was a forest on the back doorstep which we found was great!Good for walking and mountain biking.
Ty Castell Guest House
Located in Caerphilly in the Gwent region, with Caerphilly Castle nearby, Ty Castell Guest House has accommodations with free WiFi and free private parking.The bed and breakfast offers a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a hairdryer, free toiletries and shower.The nearest airport is Cardiff Airport, 21 miles from Ty Castell Guest House.
- Fabulous stay. Very close to so many spots. Yummy breakfast with all the fixings. Steve was an excellent host. Great value.
- Steve is an incredible host! Within easy walking distance to everything in Caerphilly! Train station just around the corner. Quiet and comfortable!
- Steve was a wonderful host. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and attractive. Breakfast was delicious. I would highly recommend Ty Castell.
- The location is perfect for visiting the town and castle as its all walking distance and easy to find. My room was clean, tidy and a nice big size. Breakfast was great and set me up for the day.
- The owner was very helpful and friendly, and the breakfast was excellent. Perfect location for a walk to the castle!
Castell Cottages (Van Rd)
Located in Caerphilly in the Gwent region, with Caerphilly Castle nearby, Castell Cottages (Van Rd) provides accommodations with free WiFi.The nearest airport is Cardiff Airport, 21 miles from the apartment.
- Excellent service and very clean and comfortable. Welcome pack was an added extra.
- Great location in centre of Caerphilly.Within easy driving distance of Cardiff, the coast and not too far from the Brecon Beacons.Well equipped kitchen and nice touch to leave a welcome pack of some basic supplies for our arrival.
- A lovely clean, comfortable apartment with excellent facilities. Very close to the town centre. The owner left some welcome goodies for us which was a lovely touch. Easy free parking not far from the property. Perfect for self catering accommodation in South Wales.
- Comfortable apartment, great location close to the castle.
- The location of this hidden gem in Caerphilly is fabulous. It was extremely clean and comfortable inside. We were very impressed with amenities, local shops pubs and restaurants. The washer/dryer, and dishwasher facility is a plus. At night Van Mews has a lovely cosy feel, with warm radiators in the living area, bedroom and bathroom. Extremely comfortable beds and linen. It was very easy for relatives to come and visit us. We were pleased we had an outside light to help us at night to the entrance to our downstairs apartment This is a fantastic ground floor apartment with access to everything around the corner from Caerphilly Castle. We cant wait to visit again.
Ty Carreg Fach Staycation Cottage Cardiff
Boasting mountain views, Ty Carreg Fach Staycation Cottage Cardiff offers dog-friendly accommodations with a terrace, around 5 mi from Cardiff University. The property was built in 18th century, and has accommodations with a balcony and free WiFi.The apartment consists of 2 separate bedrooms, 1 bathroom, and a seating area. A flat-screen TV is provided.A continental breakfast is available daily at the apartment.If you would like to discover the area, hiking is possible in the surroundings and the area is popular for walking dogs.Cardiff Castle is 5.6 mi from Ty Carreg Fach Staycation Cottage Cardiff, while Principality Stadium is 5.6 mi from the property. Cardiff Airport is 17 mi away.
- What a Lovely way to spend time… The owners were so Welcoming, such lovely people with an interest in the comfort of their guests…. And a really interesting knowledge of the people, history and environment around the area
- We went as a family of four with a dog. To be honest, everything has exceeded our expectations. The house is attached to the owners, but there is still enough privacy. On our arrival, the hosts provided with the basic food from the local farm and absolutely delicious homemade cake , which was such a beautiful and pleasant surprise! The property absolute immaculate, beautifully designed and very comfortable! The hosts are so kind and caring …. once we had to leave our dog in the house and she got very anxious for us being away, so the hosts kindly took care of our furbaby and make her comfortable. I will always remember their kindness and care! I cant more highly recommend this holiday place for it ist beauty, comfort, convenient locations and kind people. You wont regret if you travel to Ty Carreg Fach Cottage!
- The cottage was immaculately clean and we had everything we needed for our stay. Beautiful surroundings. Loved the little touches like white company products and bedding. Lots of information online as what to do locally. Would definitely rebook, we had lots of fun exploring Wales and it was lovely to come back after a long day out and relax in comfort with a glass of wine!
- The location was perfect for popping into Cardiff, walking the dog and going out to eat. Everything in the cottage was perfect. Made to feel welcome.
- When we arrived everything was better than expected. Owners of property are lovely and go the extra mile to make sure you stay is amazing. Even supplying cake. Then informing us of places to go. Would definitely stay here againWould highly recommend this place to anyone
New House Country Hotel
One of our top picks in Cardiff. A roaring log fire and fantastic views of Cardiff and the beautiful Vale of Glamorgan make this hotel and its restaurant an ideal venue.Located on a hillside, the hotel is set on the fringes of Cardiff and nestled among the Welsh hills. Cardiff city center is only a 15-minute drive away, and the M4 can be reached in 5 minutes.Featuring open fires, exquisite furnishings, beautifully restored bedrooms and historic embellishments, New House Country Hotel is an attractive and comfortable location for your visit.
- Really cant fault the place. All the staff are friendly and cant do enough for you, the rooms are pretty luxurious and just a lovely relaxing place to stay.Will definitely go back
- The scenery is simply stunning and thr hotel is magical. Everyone were welcoming and kind.
- The room was decorated to a high standard. We loved the French doors, the amazing view and the patio area. My daughters and I loved everything about the hotel and we will definitely stay with you again.
- Very cosy and comfortable. Room was large and well appointed. Staff welcoming friendly and helpful.
- Lots of variety. Probably the most varied continental breakfast that Ive ever seen! Plenty of fresh fruits, pastries, cereals, cured meats, cheeses, juices etc. I genuinely did not need a cooked breakfast!
Manor Parc Hotel
This country house hotel is in quiet gardens, just off the M4 motorway and 5 miles from Cardiff city center. It has views of the mountains, free parking and free Wi-Fi is available throughout.The Manor Parc Hotel has a quiet location, within easy reach of the motorway and the city.The Orangerie Restaurant offers fine dining and looks out over a terrace and the hotel’s beautiful gardens.Full breakfast is included in the room rate.All rooms are en suite.
- The area is amazing, hotel is newly designed, beautiful and clean. Staff is polite with extra efforts towards guests comfort.Rooms are well designed, view is perfect. Lots of parkings and big garden. Dinner was super good. We extended our stay by two more days as we truly enjoyed everything.
- Lovely staff friendly cheerful and helpful Lovely breakfastEvening meal okay
- The hotel and staff are above and beyond. i would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody wishing for a great comfortable hotel, that serves great food with friendly staff. When I am next in South Wales, I will endeavour to book this again.
- breakfast was good, could do with a bit more range for an evening meal, however no complaints over the food chosen, friendly staff who go out of their way to make you feel welcome
- The staff here were amazing. The hotel is very nice, especially for the price, fancier than I expected. The restaurant is superb! The grounds are lovely but you can hear the road very clearly when walking them. The rooms were quite with great blackout curtains and modern facilities.
Holiday Inn Cardiff North M4 Jct 32
One of our top picks in Cardiff. The Holiday Inn Cardiff North M4 Jct 32 is nestled beneath the scenic Castell Coch (Red Castle) in the village of Tongwynlais, off Junction 32 of the M4 and 20 minutes’ drive from Cardiff city center. Just 14 miles from Cardiff Airport, it features free parking.Each modern room at the Holiday Inn Cardiff North features air conditioning, satellite TV, free WiFi, and free tea and coffee. Each bathroom features a hairdryer, with ironing facilities available on request. Bathrooms have a shower and rooms with bath tubs can be requested.The restaurant serves a wide selection of meals, many made from locally sourced fresh produce. The lounge bar, open throughout the day, serves light meals and an extensive range of international beers, wines and other beverages.Cardiff’s vibrant night life and cafes, the Millennium Stadium and Cardiff International Arena are all 5 miles away. The Brecon Beacons and Rhondda Valley are located north of the hotel, and the Museum of Welsh Life is 15 minutes’ drive away in St Fagans.
- good WiFi, comfy bed and very helpful check in staff. food available to eat in room or on the outside terrace. Basic food but was very nice. overall a pleasant stay at such a difficult time. Good Covid measures in place with lots of handwash stations. Would stay here again..
- The staff are every so wonderful, even duing these diffuicult times. Always reassuring and creating a comfortable environment, for a pleasant experience despite the ongoing pandemic
- Great night staff, couldnt do enough for us , kind , helpful and very knowledgeable.Would definitely return and book in the future .
- Nice clean hotel with cozy room and good breakfast
- It was a fabulous stop over for a morning wedding. The staff were so helpful and really friendly.
Village Hotel Cardiff
One of our top picks in Cardiff. Village Hotel Cardiff is 4 miles from Cardiff’s lively city center and the Cardiff Bay area. It has free WiFi, and a restaurant.The modern and stylish rooms each feature a flat-screen digital TV. Ironing facilities are also provided, while the private bathrooms all include a hairdryer.For an additional fee, guests can use the Village Gym and the 100 feet heated swimming pool. Guests can relax on the loungers surrounded by natural decor of slate, stone and greenery. The Business Club offers the perfect office away from home. Think inspired meeting spaces, hot desking, tasty refreshments and state of the art technology. Guests staying in standard rooms can add Business Club access at an additional charge.The property’s Village Pub & Grill features all-day dining options. The grill menu serves dishes using local produce including meat and vegetable skewers, healthy options and desserts. The on-site Starbucks serves coffees, cakes and snacks.Village Hotel Cardiff has ample parking and is 0.5 miles away from the M4 motorway. The nearest rail station is 0.4 miles away, and provides links to the city center every 30 minutes.
- The location was excellent very easy to get to and not having to pay for the car park. Pool was lovely.
- Friendly, helpful staff at check in. Beautiful room with comfortable furnishings. Clean and spacious. Excellent location asda super centre, train station and bus links within walking distance. Would definitely recommend and will book again if in the area!
- Bar snacks were good. Location is excellent ASDA Cardiff etc.
- Checkin Checkout was good…… Not waiting for an invoice, to settle your Room Account.Room Service Food a bit expensive… BUT plenty of it tasty. Would return.
- Excellent facilities, staff excellent and a great feeling of community.
The Stables at Brook House
Located in Llantrisant in the Glamorgan region, The Stables at Brook House features a terrace and mountain views. The accommodation is 13 miles from Bridgend, and guests benefit from private parking available on site and free WiFi.The vacation home features 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, a TV, a dining area, a fully equipped kitchen, and a patio with garden views.The vacation home offers a continental or Full English/Irish breakfast.There’s a garden with a grill at this property and guests can go hiking nearby.Cardiff is 13 miles from The Stables at Brook House, while Newport is 21 miles away. The nearest airport is Cardiff Airport, 17 miles from the accommodation.
- We did not have breakfast. The location is generally good and excellent for our purposes.
- Beautiful accommodation, location was perfect. Hosts were very friendly. Loved our stay.
- I have stayed at this location on and off for a few weeks. Travelling for work, I rock back and forth between wanting to self cater or wanting to have the full Hotel feel. Whenever I want to self cater, this is the place I go to. It is outside of the city, so more private and secluded feeling. While I have had the breakfast here and it is very good, I choose to purely self cater when I stay here.The owners are very friendly and accommodating people. I cannot mark too many things down on this property. I would definitely recommend this as a place to stay if you want the freedom of access to the city and the countryside, without being bogged down by the city traffic and brutal traffic camera system in Cardiff.
- Wanted a quiet place to stay with good kitchen facilities. Very comfy bed.
- The accommodation suited me perfectly. Easy to find, good quality fixtures and fittings, nice kitchen a real home from home. I enjoyed the place
Looking for: Best Hotels in Caerphilly